I pulled out some mini charm squares today to work on a Christmas table runner just for the fun of it. I’m done with deadlines for the time being, and I wanted to work on something little for the simple pleasure of seeing it come together.
I started by making four patches. I always spin the seams on four patches, since I learned quite a while ago that it helps reduce bulk and make things lay flatter. Today, I started to wonder if it would actually be possible to spin the rest of the seams as I sewed the blocks together. It turns out that it works! I was able to spin every seam in the table runner. I’m tickled by how nice it looks on the back, and it lays very flat. It’s definitely worth taking the extra time.