It’s been a long time since I’ve made any progress towards the goal of 350 quilt blocks this year. We bought a house this summer, and work was particularly demanding. Quilting had to take a backseat. Needless to say, I don’t think I’ll be meeting the goal of 350 blocks this year, but I did manage to get a few done last month.
I did two blocks for my guild’s charity quilt. It was my first experience with foundation piecing, and it went pretty well.
I also finished four blocks for the St. Patrick’s Day quilt that I’m making for my husband. I need to come up with a name for this quilt. It’s going to be a single Irish chain with diamonds in between the chains.
Additionally, I finished four blocks that I can’t show just yet. And there was one block that I made a long time ago that I hadn’t counted yet. It’s the label for my first quilt, which I will be revealing soon. The label says I finished in the spring, but that’s because I wrote the label before attaching it with the binding. It took me the rest of the summer to get the binding hand-stitched to the back of the quilt.
That’s 10 blocks for October, and 1 other that hadn’t been counted yet. My previous total was 119 blocks, so now I am at 130 for the year. The goal so far is 290 blocks. That puts me 160 behind. There’s no way I’ll be making that up in the next couple of months. Though, honestly, I think 130 blocks in 10 months isn’t too shabby.