When I was attending a small Bible school, they made baked oatmeal for breakfast about once a week. It was by far the most popular breakfast they served. When I asked, they allowed me to copy their recipe. When I went home for Christmas, I guessed at the appropriate amount to reduce the recipe to make a family-sized batch, and it turned out wonderfully. It takes some time to bake, but it’s very quick to throw together, and it always goes over well. As it is written, the recipe serves about 8 people, but it can easily be cut in half and baked in an 8X8 pan instead of a 9X13.
1 cup oil
2 cups brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
6 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Cream oil, sugar, and eggs.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour into a greased 9X13 baking dish.
5. Bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes, until set in the middle.
6. Remove from oven and allow to set for a few minutes before serving.