It’s hard to believe that it’s already 2014! Now that 2013 is complete, it’s time to see how I did on the 350 Blocks Project. The goal was to make 350 quilt blocks last year. While I didn’t reach that goal, I did complete quite a few blocks since my October update.
I finished 26 blocks for the Saint Patrick’s Day quilt. With the previously completed 4 blocks, I was able to get that quilt top put together.
Next, I made a jelly roll race quilt. I’m counting that as one block.
Also in November, I made 4 tossed nine patch blocks for a table runner for my mom.
For the Christmas gift exchange for my modern guild, I made 24 of these little guys:
Then, over the week of Christmas, I played with a couple of Waterfront Park layer cakes. That resulted in 39 wonky nine patch blocks.
I also finished 4 of the special blocks that will be needed for that quilt. Those include a log cabin block, a courthouse steps block, and two improvisational blocks.
All in all, I made 98 blocks in November and December. That puts my total for the year at 228. I’m so pleased that I was able to finish that many blocks last year! It’s really fun to keep track of that and see how much I accomplished. If Shelly decides to host another block challenge this year, I will definitely play along. Either way, I plan on keeping track of how many blocks I finish. It’s just so much fun to watch the number grow.