The 350 Block Project: 2013 is a challenge to complete 350 blocks this year in an effort to make substantial progress on some quilts. Since the challenge was posted partway through January, that basically comes out to a block a day. Shelly is keeping a running list that includes the block goal for each month, the total goal for the year so far, and the progress of everyone who is participating. Additionally, there’s a flickr group for participants to show off their blocks.
The goal for February was to complete 28 blocks for a total of 45. I went into the month pretty nervous about my ability to do that, but I ended up really surprising myself. I finished 42 blocks! All of them were for my sister’s choice quilt. Now I’m (finally) done with all 81 of the blocks that I need for that quilt, and I’m working on assembling it. These were the blocks that I finished this month:
My total block count for the year thus far is 82 blocks. That puts me 37 blocks ahead. I’m pretty pleased with that since I expect to spend at least the next month assembling and quilting my sister’s choice quilt. I had wanted to be a month ahead to give me the time I need to do that.