My goal was to finish 9 blocks a week so that I could have all of the blocks I need done in three weeks. It turns out that I blew that goal out of the water. I finished 15 blocks last week!
My favorite blocks this week came largely from the scrap bin at my local quilting store. It’s always fun to find a little tidbit of a beautiful fabric that is just big enough to make a block.
In addition to finishing those 15 blocks, I also finished the nine patches for the remaining 12 blocks, and I got all of the squares cut out and marked for the star points. I’ve never considered making a quilt of just nine patches. For some reason, I always thought that would be pretty boring. But looking at these all laid together makes me think that it’s something I would actually really like. I’m thinking it would be beautiful if I started with two inch strips instead of the two and a half inch strips I’ve been using for this quilt.
As you can see, I am rapidly approaching the end of my block making for this quilt. It’s a strange feeling not to have a bunch more to do, but it’s also very exciting. Perhaps I will even begin assembling the top this week.